- Duration: 5 hours
- No credit card needed
- Instant booking
How do you define “authentic”? For us, authentic places are those that you probably could not discover on your own.
Let us introduce you to the small alleys and local markets away from the downtown area and introduce you to the friendly local people who lived and worked for many years in this city. People that have lived through the American War and the other conflicts and trials that Vietnam has experienced.
We will integrate the history and the background of the destinations that we visit. Join us for our four-hour, authentic Vietnam tour and see how city dwellers live and work.
1. Thich Quang Duc monk statue: He burned himself to protest against the persecution of Buddhist people by the South Vietnamese led by Ngo Dinh Diem.
2. Underground weapons storage and armory.
3. Taste Vietnamese real coffee: After our first two stops, we will have a break to enjoy authentic Vietnamese coffee (or a cold drink for those that would prefer). We can replace it with another drink for your children.
4. Saigon’s Oldest Apartment: After our coffee break, we will take you to visit Saigon’s oldest apartment block. Nguyen Thien Thuat apartment buildings have existed for about half a century. Most of the people who have been living there do not want to leave their familiar living place. Some of them have been neighbors since the Vietnam War.
5. Ho Thi Ky wholesale market: Now it is time to wander through the small alleyways to explore the very local areas in and around the biggest flower wholesale market in Saigon. Here your camera will be working overtime with the amazing displays of flowers from all over Vietnam and the world.
6. Thien Hau Temple: The oldest 300-year-old temple was built by the Chinese community in Saigon.
7. A traditional noodle lunch: By now, you will definitely be hungry so we will stop for a lunch/dinner of beef noodles (Bun Bo Hue).
- Pick up/drop off service at the hotel
- Private tour
- Hospitable & English-speaking guide
- Mineral water
What’s not included
- Anything not mentioned above
Free pick-up service is available from hotels located in the Ho Chi Minh City center area, including Districts 1 and 3. During the checkout process, kindly provide us with your pickup details.
If you prefer, you can also meet us directly at the designated starting point: 01 Cong Xa Paris, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City.
Free cancellation is available up to 24 hours before the departure time. A 50% cancellation fee will be charged for cancellations made within 24 hours of the departure time.
Frequently asked questions
Opens.Travel is a division of Welcome to Vietnam, a Vietnamese tourism media organization. Our mission is to highlight Vietnamese tour operators who are committed to sustainable development and prioritize community and environmental responsibility. We pride ourselves on not charging any commissions to tour operators and not collecting any booking fees from visitors.
- Login to your account (or register if you don’t have one) to proceed with the reservation.
- On the tour page, select the desired date, pick-up time, indicate the number of children and infants (tap/click to enable), and the number of adults from the provided drop-down menu.
- Click on the Book Now/Request Booking button and provide the required information for your booking.
- Once the booking is successfully completed, you will receive a confirmation email containing all the relevant details
Please note that for certain tours without Instant booking, you will be required to wait for the tour operator to confirm your booking before receiving the booking confirmation email.
You will not have to pay through this website. Payment for your tour will be handled directly by the tour operator in either USD or VND. The operator may require an advance payment to ensure a smooth trip.
The “Total Cost” mentioned refers to the complete amount you are required to pay to the tour operator, inclusive of VAT. If you avail of additional services that are not included in the tour price, kindly inform the tour operator directly during the tour.
To cancel a tour, please directly contact the tour operator to submit a tour cancellation request. It is important to carefully review the cancellation policy mentioned above.
In the event that you have already made a payment or deposit for the tour with the tour operator, kindly note that the refund process for the deposit will be handled by the tour operator in accordance with the relevant refund policy.